MBE Customers may be eligible for a refund of taxes paid on Amazon purchases shipped using e-box
Since November 2021, customers using our e-box shipping service have been enjoying a tax exemption status for purchases on Amazon.com. This tax exemption program was suspended unexpectedly around 1 December 2022 and customers may have noticed that sales tax was once again applied to their purchases. We are currently working with Florida State regulatory authorities to reinstate this benefit for our customers so that the tax exemption is automatic.
In the meantime, we are pleased to inform you that you can now apply for a refund of taxes that you paid on your e-box purchases. Amazon has made this process quick and easy and the tax is refunded directly to your credit card. The request process is fully integrated with our e-box platform. To apply for your refund(s), please follow the steps below.
How to Submit an Amazon Tax Refund Request
Step by Step: Submit your Amazon Tax Refund Request
- Sign in to your e-box account from the website www.mbe.ky/e-box. The tax form is not available via the mobile app.
- View all packages and click on the item for which you want to apply for a refund, then select Amazon Zero Tax. (Remove any filters so that you can see all packages.)
- Sign in to your Amazon account and click on Orders. Look for the corresponding purchase and view the order details. If tax was paid, copy the Order ID number.
- Return to e-box. In the pop-up window, paste the Order ID and click Generate.
- A pdf will download to your pc/device containing the relevant details.
- Email this pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amazon will send an email to the address associated with your Amazon account confirming whether your purchase is eligible for a tax refund and the amount of the refund.
- You can expect the tax to be refunded to your original payment method within 3-5 business days.
Eligible purchases are those made on Amazon.com and shipped to your e-box address in Miami. Other orders shipped using other services or to a different address are not eligible for a tax refund under this program.
The tax refund is coming directly from Amazon. Should you have any questions about the amount or eligibility of a refund, please contact Amazon directly.
Should you have any queries pertaining to e-box please contact us and one of our associates will be happy to assist you.