Large Cargo Shipping via Ocean Freight
Our ocean shipping service is ideal for large cargo and over-sized packages. With bi-weekly sailings from Miami, our ocean freight service is a cost-effective choice for large purchases. Service includes shipping insurance and Customs clearance to give you peace of mind and we can consolidate multiple packages together to save you money.
Upcoming Sailing Dates
Future sailing dates will be published as they become available.
|Expected sailing date from Miami||Customer deadline to instruct to ship*||Available for pickup/delivery**|
|Thurs 14 October 2021||Mon 11 October 2021||5 November 2021|
|Thurs 28 October 2021||Mon 25 October 2021||19 November 2021|
|Thurs 11 November 2021||Mon 8 November 2021||3 December 2021|
*Only packages that have been prealerted with the correct invoice are permitted to be released for shipping.
**We endeavour to have your orders to you by the date shown. Timeframes may be affected by unexpected delays beyond our control including but not limted to weather, Customs, and Port Authority.
Ocean Cargo Shipping Rates – NEW RATES EFFECTIVE 1 OCTOBER 2021
Ocean cargo shipping rates apply to the combined dimensional weight of all your packages that ship together in a consolidated shipment.
Shipping Rates are inclusive of freight, import documentation, and Customs clearance service.
|Up to 12 c.f.||$98 Flat Rate|
|Each additional c.f. between 12 c.f. and 70 c.f.||$5.00/c.f.|
|Each additional c.f. over 70 c.f.||$4.00/c.f.|
The dimensional weight in cubic feet is calculated as follows: LxWxH/1728.
Shipping rates do not include Customs duty, Port Authority fee, Freight Insurance, other Government fees as applicable.
Typical delivery to the Cayman Islands: Allow 4 weeks from the date we receive your instruction to ship.
All Rates subject to change without notice. Delivery times not guaranteed. Rates in KYD.
How to use the Ocean Shipping service
If you already have an e-box shipping account, you will use the same CBY# for Ocean Shipping. If you have not previously registered with us, please click here to create an e-box account. As an e-box customer, you can also take advantage of the e-box air cargo service for smaller packages or items that you need faster.
1. Place your online order and use the shipping/delivery address provided below. Remember to include your CBY# and c/o Mail Boxes Etc/GCM in the delivery address at checkout.
2. Save the invoice for the order in your files. It will be required for Customs clearance and for pre-alerting your order (step 3). You can obtain the invoice by going to your Order History on the vendor’s website, then Print to PDF.
3. Pre-alert your incoming order. The vendor will notify you via email that your order has shipped and will provide you with a tracking number. Click on the “Ocean Ship Pre-Alert” button. Complete and submit the form, being sure to enter the tracking number from the vendor, not the order number.
4. When your order arrives at our Miami facility, we will notify you via email. You should also track your orders on your vendor’s site to know when it has been delivered.
5. If you instructed us to Ship when you submitted the Pre-alert, you order will ship automatically. You will be notified via email within 4 weeks that your order is ready for pick-up or delivery.
6. If you instructed us to Consolidate when you submitted the Pre-alert, we will notify you as your orders arrive and hold them for up to 30 days. When your orders have arrived, you can instruct us to ship. You will be notified via email within 4 weeks that your goods are ready for pick-up or delivery.
Ocean Cargo Pre-Alert & Invoice Upload
This form requires the order Tracking Number. Submit this form once the vendor has notified you that your order has shipped and has provided you with a tracking number.
Customs Appointment of Agent Registration
As of 2 August 2021 Customs requires that all persons importing goods into the Cayman Islands must (1) register in the Customs OnLine System (COLS) and (2) appoint Mail Boxes Etc. as your agent to clear your packages. Please complete these steps as soon as possible to prevent delays with your incoming orders.
Step 1: Pre-Register in COLS
Select applicant type Individual, fill in the form, upload one identification document then press Send Request. You will be notified by Customs via email within 3 business days once your submission is approved. You can then proceed to Step 2.
Pre-register here: Customs Registrations
If you have previously created an account with Customs and already have a TIN (Trader Identification Number), go directly to Step 2.
Step 2: Appoint Mail Boxes Etc. as your Agent (Appointment of Agent)
How to submit an Appointment of Agent
1. Log into COLS: COLS Login
2. Click “Declarations”.
3. In the left menu options click “Agent Authorization”.
4. Select Mail Boxes Etc. in the “Available Agents” box then click the arrow button pointing to the right to move the Agent to the “Authorized Agent” box.
5. Click “Submit” to submit the application. You will now receive a notification that “Your Agent Authorization has been saved successfully”.
At this point your “Trader Name” and “TIN” will now populate the Agent List, available to us to select in order to clear on your behalf.
How to de-select an Agent previously Appointed
If you previously selected a different Agent, please follow these steps.
1. Select the Agent of interest in the “Authorized Agents” box then click the arrow button pointing to the left to move the Agent to the “Available Agent” box.
2. Click “Submit”, you will now receive a notification that “Your Agent Authorization has been saved successfully”.
At this point the De-selected Agent will no longer see your “Trader Name” and “TIN” available to be used.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us and a member of team will respond as quickly as possible. You may also contact the Customs Department if your query is related to creating your account in the COLS system. Refer to the Contact Us page on the COLS website.
Acceptable invoice for Customs
Commercial Invoice Checklist:
To be accepted by Customs authorities, a Commercial Invoice must:
1. Be legible. Low resolution images will not be accepted.
2. Indicate Vendor name, Consignee/Customer name, Itemized description of goods, Itemized purchase price, shipping fee (if any), total paid, order number and order date.
3. Correspond exactly to the contents of the package. If a vendor has short-shipped or split your order into multiple boxes, they will usually send you a revised invoice or correspondence. If necessary, you may include with your invoice any additional information pertaining to your order for Customs officials to review.
If you require assistance with your commercial invoice, please contact us and it will be our pleasure to assist you.
Ocean shipping address
Your name CBY#
c/o Mail Boxes Etc./GCM
8001 NW 79th Ave.
Miami, FL, 33166
(Miami or Doral are accepted)
Failure by the vendor to include the CBY# in the address may cause delays with your shipment.